This position will be responsible for the coordination of a “Market Maker” grant initiative administered by the MassHire Bristol Workforce Board.
About the Initiative: The Massachusetts Workforce Skills Cabinet funded this new investment to support our state’s recovery through the Partnerships for Recovery Plan announced by the Baker-Polito Administration in October 2020. The grant funds Marker Maker positions to support employer engagement activities in alignment with funded Career Technical Initiative grants, and other Workforce Skills Cabinet related pipeline development strategies.
The Market Maker will be expected to collaborate with Southeastern MA regional partners, including MassHire Workforce Boards and MassHire Career Centers, who are engaged in similar work to ensure alignment of program goals to labor market, ensure effective employer engagement and to develop a long-term strategy to support the needs of the target industries.
The Market Maker responsibilities are as follows:
- Engagement of both current and those planning for FY’22/’23 CTI schools in the region to strengthen employer engagement strategy
- Meet with local businesses to understand workforce needs and connect them with MassHire or to CommCorp for pipeline development support
- Involve employers in sharing real-time vacancy information
- Identification of and engagement with businesses within the construction/trades and manufacturing to broker relationships with vocational schools implementing or seeking to implement CTI.
- Identification and engagement of community based organization within the region to collaborate to support awareness, recruitment, and support activities.
- Identification of and engagement with businesses within other identified high priority industries/occupations to identify existing pipelines of workers, determine need for new pipelines, and make appropriate referrals to local training providers and the CommCorp Business Consultancy Team to pursue pipeline training funding opportunities (WCTF, Rapid Reemployment, etc).
- Leverage regional industry organizing structures (HC Hubs, Manufacturing Collaborative) to ensure strong alignment with vocational schools implementing or seeking to implement CTI.
- Participate in bi-Weekly Video/Phone Calls with CommCorp to ensure alignment between Workforce Skills Cabinet lead employer outreach, identify opportunities for strengthening of the model, and communicate status updates about available funding.
- Identify gaps in training and work collaboratively with regional partners, training providers, Commonwealth Corporation and the Workforce Skills Cabinet to develop new pipelines.
Duration of Employment: Grant Operational Period runs through June 30, 2022. There is a possibility of extending into future years pending availability of funding, consistent service delivery and program performance.
Schedule: This is a part-time position with a schedule of 20-25 hours per week.
- Bachelors Degree and 3+ years experience (preferably in workforce development)
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Experience in establishing/facilitating strong partnerships
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral and platform)
- Proficient with PC (MS Office)
- Knowledge of MassHire system and Chapter 74 programs in Southeastern MA a plus
This position requires an innovative and highly motivated person who is able to work independently. We offer a competitive compensation package.
Please email your resume to: Thomas Perreira, Executive Director, MassHire Bristol Workforce Board (email@example.com. Please respond no later than September 17, 2021.