MassHire Bristol Workforce Board
Seeks Employer Service Specialist (Market Maker)
This position will be responsible for the coordination of a “Market Maker” grant initiative administered by the MassHire Bristol Workforce Board.
About the Initiative: The Massachusetts Workforce Skills Cabinet funded this grant to establish Marker Maker positions within the state to support employer engagement activities in alignment with funded Career Technical Initiative grants, and other Workforce Skills Cabinet related pipeline development strategies. The Career Technical Initiative is a program designed to retrain unemployed and underemployed Adult workers/job seekers, after school hours at Massachusetts Vocational/Chapter 74 high schools, to become re-employed in high demand industries, specifically construction/trades.
The Market Maker will be expected to collaborate with Southeastern MA regional partners, including MassHire Workforce Boards and MassHire Career Centers, who are engaged in similar work to ensure alignment of program goals to labor market, ensure effective employer engagement and to develop a long-term strategy to support the needs of the target industries.
The Market Maker’s general responsibilities are as follows:
- Engagement of both current and those planning for FY’24 Career Technical Initiatives (CTI) Schools in the region to strengthen employer engagement strategies
- Meet with local businesses to understand workforce needs and connect them with the MassHire system or to Commonwealth Corporation (Market Maker Grant Administrator) for talent pipeline development support
- Educate employers on relevant funding and grant opportunities in the state;
- Involve employers in sharing real-time vacancy information
- Identification of and engagement with businesses within targeted industry clusters to broker relationships with vocational schools implementing or seeking to implement CTI.
- Identification and engagement of community based organization within the region to collaborate to support awareness, recruitment, and support activities.
- Identification of and engagement with businesses within other identified high priority industries/occupations to identify existing pipelines of workers, determine need for new pipelines, and make appropriate referrals to local training providers and the CommCorp Business Consultancy Team to pursue pipeline training funding opportunities (WCTF, Rapid Reemployment, etc).
- Leverage regional industry organizing structures (Healthcare Hubs, Manufacturing Collaborative) to ensure strong alignment with vocational schools implementing or seeking to implement CTI.
- Participate in bi-Weekly Video/Phone Calls with Commonwealth Corporation to ensure alignment between Workforce Skills Cabinet lead employer outreach, identify opportunities for strengthening of the model, and communicate status updates about available funding.
- Identify gaps in training and work collaboratively with regional partners, training providers, Commonwealth Corporation and the Workforce Skills Cabinet to develop new pipelines.
Duration of Employment: Grant Operational Period runs through June 30, 2024. However, there is a possibility of extending into future years pending availability of funding, consistent service delivery and program performance.
Location: The position is in-person at the MassHire Bristol Workforce Board office in Fall River.
Schedule: This is a full-time position with a schedule of 37.5 hours per week.
- Bachelors Degree and 3+ years experience (preferably in workforce development)
Associate Degree or certification and relevant work experience may be substituted for Bachelors Degree
- Experience with employer engagement, sales, outreach and recruitment, or occupation focused on relationship management
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Experience in establishing/facilitating strong partnerships
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral and platform)
- Proficient with PC (MS Office)
- Knowledge of MassHire system and Chapter 74 programs in Southeastern MA a plus
This position requires an innovative and highly motivated person who is able to work independently. The positions if fully benefited We offer a competitive compensation package.
Please email your resume to: Thomas Perreira, Executive Director, MassHire Bristol Workforce Board (firstname.lastname@example.org). Position is open until filled.
The MassHire Bristol Workforce Board is an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.